THIS IS A PAST EVENT...CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR CURRENT TRAINING SCHEDULE!
Take a break from the city and join us for the NEPA Compliance Workshop in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO! Don't wait to register...this class historically fills up 2 weeks before the class start date.
Every Federal agency is required to comply with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA) when they propose to conduct a “Federal action.” The NEPA process is designed to achieve three fundamental, primary goals: (1) Consider environmental values in agency decision-making (comply with the NEPA, CEQ Regulations, and Federal agency NEPA implementing regulations) and allow for informed decisions, cognizant of potential environmental effects (and, where at all possible, minimize effects); (2) Solicit, obtain, and consider information from the Public (including regulatory agencies); and (3) Provide written data to the public and decision-maker, in plain language, prior to making the decision.
This two-day course is specifically designed to provide participants (with any level of prior NEPA experience) with critical, high-level information, necessary to understand and implement the NEPA process effectively and efficiently for their agency. Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will have a strong working knowledge of the foundation of the NEPA, as well as a thorough understanding of how to complete a NEPA process legally, effectively, and efficiently – adding real value to their agency and furthering their professional career.
You will Learn:
• Foundation of NEPA – Background and Regulations (What is the NEPA?)
• Integrating the NEPA Process into Agency Decision-Making
• The Three Levels of the NEPA – Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements (What are the Triggers and Requirements of Each Level?)
• Developing the DOPAA (Description of Proposed Action and Alternatives) and Scoping Process
• Documenting the Affected Environment
• Conducting Environmental Impact Analyses and Documenting Environmental Consequences
• Other Tips and Techniques for a Successful NEPA Process
Who Should Attend:
• Military Personnel responsible for environmental activities
• Government (Federal and State) Personnel responsible for environmental activities
• Environmental, Safety and EH&S Personnel
• Pollution Prevention Managers
• Environmental and ESA Program Managers
• NEPA Project Managers and Planners
• Environmental Attorneys
• Facility Chiefs, Managers and Inspectors
What People are Saying?
“I’m thankful that my colleague recommended this training over others. It was well worth it and the best NEPA class I have ever attended.”
“Excellent class. Thank you so much!”
“Excellent, concise summary of the complex body of NEPA”
“Wonderful class. I learned a lot about the NEPA process and EISs.”
“Excellent class, extremely informative for a person new to NEPA. Instructor was very knowledgeable with tremendous experience to draw from."
“The ability for the instructor to answer so many questions illustrates his familiarity with NEPA. Great job…thanks!”
“Great instructor, great organization and great location!”
“The instructor was very entertaining, hard to do when teaching NEPA. Thank you!”
“Very good class interactions and participation. Much credit to the instructor for facilitating these group conversations and activities.”
“Confirmed a lot of info I already knew but also gave me a lot of new resources for completing EAs more effectively and comprehensively. Thank you.”
“Enjoyed the class very much.”
“Great course. The instructor is clearly very knowledgeable and very experienced to provide such great real-world examples. Also very gracious in dealing with crowd participation.”
Colorado Springs, CO
July 17-18, 2013 (2 Days)
4 S. Cascade Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: (719) 955-5600
Group Code: Baxter
Hotel Cut-Off Date: June 20, 2013
Brian Boose, Program Manager at Potomac-Hudson Engineering, Inc.Read More
$695/2+persons - Group Discount
$695/Person - Government Discount. Call (713) 703-7016 to receive Government discount.
Detailed Course Flyer:
Includes full agenda, speaker information, transportation, lodging details, etc.
Follow The EPA Alliance Training Group on Facebook and Twitter!